|Name||Part Number||Pack Size|
|10X TBE (Tris-borate-EDTA)||AG19||250 mL
TBE (Tris-borate-EDTA) is a buffer used for the electrophoresis of nucleic acids. Thanks to its higher buffering capacity and lower electric conductivity in comparison to a TAE buffer, the TBE buffer can be used for electrophoresis in both agarose and polyacrylamide gels. It is more suitable for the separation of smaller DNA fragments (< 500 bp) such as PCR products or restriction fragments. If an excision of a gel slice containing a DNA fragment, known as a DNA gel-out, is required, the use of the TAE buffer is recommended. The TBE buffer contains borate, which is a strong inhibitor against such enzymes as DNA ligase or DNA polymerase.
- As a running buffer for the electrophoresis of nucleic acids in agarose and polyacrylamide gels
- Preparation of agarose and polyacrylamide gels
- High resolution electrophoresis of small DNA fragments
0.89 M Tris (pH 8.3), 0.89 M boric acid, 20 mM EDTA
The TBE buffer has been tested in electrophoretic runs utilising agarose and polyacrylamide gels. The absence of nucleases has been confirmed by the relevant QC procedures.
Store at +4°C or room temperature.
Shipping at room temperature.
- Prior to use, the stock solution provided should be diluted to the working solution strength.
- In order to obtain a working solution (1x concentrated), dilute one part of the 10x TBE Buffer stock solution provided in 9 parts of distilled water; for example, add 450 ml of distilled water for every 50 ml of the stock solution.
- The preparation of a fresh working solution before each electrophoresis run is recommended.